Modern medical sciences have progressed a lot in its fight against aliments concerning heart. Day by day, the numbers of heart patients are increasing. A number of medications starting from Aspirin to sophisticated open heart surgeries are now a days common in developed countries. In spite of the ultramodern technologies and the awareness programs, heart diseases like Angina pectoris and Myocardial Infraction are till today creating alarming situations in the society.Inquiry
Botanical Name : Terminalia Arjuna
English Name: White Marudah
Hindi: Arjun, Arjuna, Koha, Kahu, Arjan
Marathi: Arjuna, Arjun Sadada, Sadura
Sanskrit: Arjuna, Dhanvi, Indradruma, Kakubha, Karvirak.
Family : Combretaceae
Possibly Effective for:
- Chest pain (angina). Some research shows that taking Terminalia by mouth with conventional medications improves symptoms in people experiencing chest pain after a heart attack.
- Congestive heart failure (CHF). Some research shows that taking Terminalia by mouth with conventional medications for 2 weeks improves symptoms in people with CHF.
Insufficient Evidence for:
- HIV infection.
- Lung conditions.
- Severe diarrhea.
- Urinary problems.
- Water retention.
- Other conditions.
Arjuna Health Benefits:
- Hypolipidemic: enhances the elimination of cholesterol by accelerating the turnover of LDL-cholesterol in the liver. Lowers beta-lipoprotein lipids and the recovery of HDL components in hyperlipidemia
- Cardiac stimulant: Strengthens the heart muscles and maintains the heart functioning properly.
- Hypotensive: Due to its hypolipidemic activity and also the diuretic property it acts against hypertension.
- Astringent & Haemostatic.
- Has prostaglandin enhancing and coronary risk modulating properties.
Arjuna Uses/ Indications:
- Cardiomyopathy like Myocardial infraction, angina, coronary artery disease, heart failure, hypercholesterolemia, hypertension. In case of heart attack though it can not act against, like streptokinase or eurokinase, but regular use of it after just recovering from heart attack, reduces the chance of further attack to a great level. Besides no such Toxicity or side effects has so far be found it can be advocated to use in regular basis for a strong and well functioning heart.
- Arjuna can help lower Cholesterol as much as 64% – people taking Arjuna preparation saw their LDL levels plummet by an average of 25.6%. In animal studies with extremely high blood fats, LDL levels dropped from 493 to 162 ,after 60 days. That’s a whopping 64 percent drop. Plus, HDL cholesterol (the good stuff) actually increased.
- Arjuna reduces angina episodes much better than nitroglycerin – In one study, angina episodes were cut in half by the Arjuna, with none of the nasty side effects. Plus, it can be used as long as you like, without fear it’ll stop working.
- Arjuna has been shown to help reverse hardening of the arteries